From the age of seven, when I caught my first wave I was hooked on surfing.
For me, everything evolved around surfing and I was totally consumed by it. I loved every aspect of it. In my teens I would strip down my coolites (foam surfboards of the 80’s circa) and re-shape them using templates from glass boards.
I would do my own ding repairs and soon found myself doing them for my mates too. I was also quite heavily into skateboarding and would make my own skateboard decks!
I always wanted to be a surfboard shaper but for one reason or another I never pursued it. After leaving school I studied building at Tafe and soon found myself working ridiculous hours in the building industry.
All along something just didn’t feel right. I felt incomplete and dissatisfied with what I was doing.
In 2003, at the age of thirty-one, I began shaping out of my garage at home. What was initially a craving to just try to shape my own board, turned into an obsession and life long dream of becoming a surfboard shaper.
Now in my 9th year of shaping and having shaped over 1,200 boards, I have gained a great reputation as a surfboard shaper in my local area of the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney.
I am very passionate and focused on my shaping and I have very high aspirations for the future.
10 GOOD REASONS WHY YOUR
NEXT BOARD SHOULD BE AN AH:
- 100% Australian made.
- Best quality materials and workmanship available in the market.
- All AH Surfboards are designed and shaped personally by me.
- You only deal with me throughout the whole board order process.
- AH Surfboards are competitively priced. Board prices range between $620 - $700 excluding extras.
- Quick turn around. On average boards take 6 weeks to make from when the order is placed.
- Large range of board models to choose from.
- I shape for a wide range of surfers of all ages and abilities.
- I am a very keen surfer myself. This enables me to get valuable instant feedback from my designs, not to mention team riders and customer feedback as well.
- Experience. I began shaping in 2003. In this time I have shaped over 1200 boards. This is regarded as a milestone in the surfboard shaping industry.